Re: Turbo Question

Well, since Dan has provided you with such great help, its probably not
worth my time to add any more, but i will.  I'm sure you could add the
supercharger from a G60, but you might as well get the whole engine.  There
are lots of things different between a stock 8v and a supercharged 8v.
First the block from the G60 was strengthened quite a bit i think, to take
the extra power, the compression was probably lowered (not sure if thats in
the pistons or just a thicker head gasket), and i don't know how your stock
fuel system would take to the G60?  If you are looking to do the mod, you'd
probably have to take more than just the supercharger off the doner car.
All in all, it would be better to take everything.
Another consideration is the condition of the charger itself.  They are not
known as vws most quality product, and many blow after a they get some miles
on'em.

   HTH

Owen
87 16v