Re: Turbo Question

let me expound.... you have a 'MK2' Scirocco ...the G60 engine
will fit...Your car will kick some serious ass...

now, the G60 Corrado actually has a supercharger, not a turbo.
In order to makeit fit in a Scirocco you will need various parts from
other cars and some new hoses. There was a very good article
posted in European Car a while ago detailing al the parts you will
need. I also remember that if you wanted to retain your AC system
you would have to cut out a small portion of your core support.

If you can get this G60 engine, all parts attached to the belt
system, the engine management system, and manifolds/downpipes/cat
for a very reasonable price, yank your engine out, cut the core
support install the misc other parts and drop that bad boy in then
wire i the new engine management system. It's a hell of a lot of work
but you will easily have a 210hp, 2100lb monster (after a few
boltons), you will be able to walk all over just about anyhting on
the street.

a blurb on the G60, it's reliable as all hell as long as you do
regular maintenence, like get the seals replaced as often as you do
the timing belt, and replacing the cog belt every 30k.

Ryan
ps i have the golf fuel system, all the misc brackets, tranny dust
shield and radiator that is required for the swap for sale...all u
need then are the corrado parts and misc hoses.