Re: Turbo Question

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:41:09 -0500 Dan <dan@angband.org> writes:

>G60's don't have turbos.
>Dan

Ahh, yes, there's quite nothing like stating the obvious. :)

However the G60 block makes a perfect bolt on candidate for any proposed
turbo project, such as Christopher Grossi was discussing. (Which I
believe he asked, "what would I have to do to a 85 8v to fit the
turbocharger on it or would it even fit at all?")

Wish I had some real world experience with this Christopher, but I would
think that after the G60 engine is installed, you would only need an
exhaust manifold and plumbing for the turbo to bolt to. Im not familiar
with the Turbo Diesel manifold but im sure it would be the easiest way
make one fit, other than having an exhaust manifold custom built.
Either way, its a project!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and