Re: engine trouble

Dave,

    What about the O2 sensor?  From recent reading (please correct me if I'm
off base), but this doodad is checking the exhaust and adjusting the mixture
of fuel to air to prevent heavy pollution.  If the sensor is reading
incorrectly, it could be adjusting your mixture to a lean state at idle and
low RPMs (causing bad idle and sluggishness) and intermittently readjusting
at higher RPMs (causing lurching).  Just a thought.

                    -Brad