Re: self destructing tranny

At 6:48 pm -0500 21/1/99, Rich Zuk wrote:
>Also:
>>I also highly recommend going to synthetic gear oil.  I use >Spectro.
>Everyone talks of Redline.  What's the consensus on Redline vs Spectro?  TIA
>Rich

Just to confuse the issue, I've used both MTL (synth) and Swepco (mineral),
and my vote is for the Swepco.  I've noted that shifting is the same when
hot, but when stone cold the Swepco seems to be better.  I'm not sure why
that is, since the Swepco is thicker... And the really cool thing about
Swepco is that it's a blue-green color.  Makes identifying unknown fluid
leaks a LOT easier...