Re: SCIROCCO SURVEY for everyone

It was about April or May of '96.  Well, I'll admit it but the car I
really wanted was a white '84 GTI.  But alas my '81 pulled up next
to my dad's shop while I was working after school.  My main plan
was to get it decent and then sell it and find the GTI I wanted.  The
paint was really oxidized, plus at the time I thought the lines of the
car awkward.  It was a first car  that I paid, well paid $300 and
worked off the rest, $800 for.  The thing that caught my attention
though was that there was no rust and no body work needed.  After
spending about an hour and 6 rags later, the hood polished up
nicely so I just continued. The paint was so baldy oxidized I
thought the car was red.  After waxing it, it became apparant that it
was in fact a reddish orange.  Well after seeing how well it cleaned
up, plus the fact that my brother gave me his '78 'rocco that I used
for parts, I began to like the car, espcially after I lowered it with
suspension and alloy wheels on it from my dad's now departed
race rabbit.  Now, for me to get rid of my '81 it would have to be a
really nice white '84 GTI. ;)