Re: SCIROCCO SURVEY for everyone

> When did you first know you had to have a Scirocco for yourself?

umm '92 when I realize there was no way in hell I could afford a
Corrado.

> What was it about the car that made you want one so badly?

"Black Magic" article in VW trends can be read on my website
http://www.nol.net/~rts/scirocco.html
(under the red 16v)
Since i couldnt have a Corrado, the Scirocco looked pretty darn
badass, but when I had saved up $4,000 for a car i couldn't
find one (this is when the WWW was barely a child remember)
so local is all I could scour for one. Bought a Jetta GL, drove the
crap outta it till my friend stumbled upon a red 16v in a Mustang
car lot. $4,500 later the baby was MINE! Later somewhere, I don't
remember but I was investigating body kits and searched for Zender
but they stopped making them, so I got wind of Rieger from Jeff out
at EAS, and fell deeper in love. Now I own one and a half Rieger
Sciroccos, I've also now owned that Corrado I've always wanted and
and now getting jittery over my new Passat.

My wife keeps suggesting wel sell my 2 sciroccos, cabriolet and Jetta
and buy her a new jetta so i can have the Passat, butman there is
nothing I'd rather drive for the rest of my life than a Rieger
Scirocco.

oh one reply wanted to know what we do and how to afford, my wife and
I both work full time (she goes to school too) so between the two of
us and the dog theres plenty of money left over, but I know as soon
as we have kids the situation will change and i'll be spending all my
savings on college fund and diapers (in that order!), plus the net is
a powerful thing,if you have the money and the time just sit on your
hands untill you find a deal, i've been there and i've done that. not
all parts have to be expensive.

Ryan
...spanked a honda del sol all done up tonight, the car was dead even
with my 1.8L turbo Passat (150hp/3100lbs),but in my Rieger Rocco
I just walked away from him, both from a dead stop and rolling 40mph.