Re: paint quote

I was going to do something like that when I had my car painted.  I was
wanting to do all the prep work and then have it painted.  I started
sanding and stuff, got fed up with it, and quit.  When I finally took it in
to have it painted, it turned out that there was a lot that I didn't know
about the whole process.  My car had a lot of bondo, which they ground out,
and pulled dents, then blocked everything to make it even and smooth.  If I
would have done all that myself, my car would have come out looking like
crap.  I'm very glad I had someone else do all that for me.

At 12:17 PM 1/14/99 -0800, you wrote:
>When I plan to paint my car which will be sometime in
>the near future, I'm doing it the cheap way. Buy the paint and the
>clearcoat, and everything else you need. Mask the car yourself (that
>the expensive part anyways)
>Remove all the trim and tape up everything you don't want to get paint
>and just ask the guys how much they would charge you to just spray the
>car. It shouldn't be more than $100 in some places. Depends where you
>go...

	-David LeDeaux
'80 Scirocco
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9444/