Re: paint quote

When I plan to paint my car which will be sometime in
the near future, I'm doing it the cheap way. Buy the paint and the
clearcoat, and everything else you need. Mask the car yourself (that
the expensive part anyways)
Remove all the trim and tape up everything you don't want to get paint
and just ask the guys how much they would charge you to just spray the
car. It shouldn't be more than $100 in some places. Depends where you
go...

> | heya, I got an informal paint quote from a shop, the guy said it
> would
> | be around 4500 bucks to do my car. When I say informal I mean he
> didn't
> | look real close or long, he said more if I want to change color.
> That
> | seems realy high to me but I dunno. I tried to look in the
> archives to
> | check the last thread about paint but couldn't accsess it.
> | thanks,

==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v -Stored for winter. Blech! :p
In search for a Rabbit GTI (Given up. Lack of funds)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/scirocco2.htm
  -The nicest looking Scirocco in a 12 Kilmoter radius.-
(Actually, the only Scirocco within a 12 Kilometer radius!!)