Re: paint quote

Yeah, that does seem to be a little high.  My dad had his Benz
repainted (original colour) a few years ago.  They did an
excellent job (it's holding up well), they re-chromed his back
bumper, and even ordered the paint from Germany.  The total was
somewhere in the $2-3K range.  I suppose it depends greatly on how
much straightening and dent repair, though, too--and what kind of
paint process--i.e., how many coats, hand rubbed, all that stuff.

Jen

----------
| From: noodle noggin <scirocco82@hotmail.com>
| To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
| Subject: paint quote
| Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 4:13 PM
|
| heya, I got an informal paint quote from a shop, the guy said it
would
| be around 4500 bucks to do my car. When I say informal I mean he
didn't
| look real close or long, he said more if I want to change color.
That