Re: Lightened flywheel??

---SCIROCCO87@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/13/99 11:55:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> brettv@rocketmail.com writes:
>
> << If anyone is interested, the balancing came
>  to $255 on top of ~$500 worth of machine work/engine assembly/etc...
>
>  ==Brett
>  _______ >>
> We're JUST talking bottom end right brett??  Are you rebuilding the head
too??
> TIA
> Dan May

Yes, that's just some of what the bottom end rebuild has cost me.  There's
plenty of other money/time in it too (new bigger pistons, bearings, seals,
oil pump, adinfinitum...)  Rebuilding an engine is not for the light of
heart, I'll easily have ~$1200 just in the bottom end when I'm done.

I'm having the head work done by that shop I mentioned here before.  The
guy's name is Alistair Oag.  Now that I know who he is, I see and hear his
name all over the place.  I was rereading some GRMs and his name/shop came
up a few times and even my local trusted mechanic referred me to him when
I was looking for someone to build my motor.

==Brett