Re: Oil Buzzer

---Scottish <scottishs@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
>   I have a very annoying problem.  A couple days ago the light on the
> instrument panel, the oil one to the left of the high beam light came
> on and with it a very annoying noise.  Now I know nothing is wrong
> with my engine (cause it goes on an off on bumps).  So I have a short,
> Has anyone had this problem, or tell me how to get it to stop.  Or
> where does it connect to, or which fuse it is, so I can kill it.
> (don't care if light is still flashing, stop noise!!!)  Thanks all.
> ==
> Scottish
> '83 Rocco

As long as you're _sure_ there's nothing really wrong... Oil level good?
Viscosity? Oil pump delivering good pressure?  That last one can be a bit
more difficult to check...either check with another mechanical pressure
gauge, or pull the pan and measure the gear lash on the pump.  Assuming
everything else checks out, it may be sender/'computer' related.  The
sender could be bad, or it's wiring is cruddy.  The oil pressure 'computer'
located inside/behind the speedometer could be freaking out.  Start with
the easy stuff I suppose, after you rule out real problems.  We'll try and
help as you check into it more.

==Brett