Re: Meze's 200K miles

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:28:47 -0500 Chris Coracini <Coracin@usdl.com>
writes:
>shawn has a 9A tranny (3.67 final drive) and a .71 5th gear.  that's
>way tall, but here's some figures i came up with:

Not yet I don't. I have the FF in the car right now. (Borrowed from the
Potterman. works damn good actually for having sat in the backyard for 2
yrs full of H2O!)

I have the 9A that has a hole in it that I might try and have patched up
and if its in good shape, I will install that into my Roc. It has the .71
5th gear and the 3.67 as well as the Stage 1 diff kit.

I also just got a stock 4K tranny that Berkenstein sold me that I will
use if all else fails. Either way, im converting over to the close ratio
side for a little while even tho I really love the tall gears that the FF
has. The close ratio with the tall 5th should be a decent compromise. We
will see.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and