Re: [non-Scirocco] VR6 & VW

At 05:30 PM 1/6/99 -0500, Baddour Kareem E wrote:
>While the VR6 is indeed alive and kicking,
>(I was one of the VR6 doom-sayers, so I was wrong)
>it's interesting to note that not ONE SINGLE 1999 MODEL
>right now in europe has the VR6.

I just got the Feb R&T and on page 41(ampersand) they mention that VW has
just reintroduced the VR6 on the Golf.  It's not the same as ours though;
it's got a new 24v cylinder head and variable valve timing-204bhp/198ft/lb.
 They apparently have no plans to bring it to the US.    Another article
had the Audi R8 which will competing in this years LeMans.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)