Re: [non-Scirocco] VR6 & VW

While the VR6 is indeed alive and kicking,
(I was one of the VR6 doom-sayers, so I was wrong)
it's interesting to note that not ONE SINGLE 1999 MODEL
right now in europe has the VR6. THe 1.8T and VR5 has
replaced the VR6 there (unless they are going to put in
on the 4-motion Golf). The VR6 it seems has become a
strictly north american engine..makes sense, seeing
our gas prices are astronomically low, so we can
afford to guzzle gas to our hearts content and
deplete the oil reserves of the world..Maybe when
the oil prices go up or the oil is depleted, we'll
see the end of this overconsumption trend and the
SUV's and lard-bucket VWs will be replaced with
light sport-coupes once again. Here's dreaming
to a return of a sub 2400lb VW in North
America.

Kareem,