RE: RPM'S

At 01:38 PM 1/5/99 -0500, Rich Deede wrote:
>I put in a 2H tranny in my 16v over the summer and I changed the 5th gear
>to a .75 and it only dropped the rpm's in 5th at 80mph to 4k.  Still
>buzzy, but oh well.
>

>Rich Deede

Funny,
I don't rember what my tranny is in the '81 but it will pull 80 mph at
about 3K for days and days. ( Love that 1.8 L! ).

70mph and 80 are just above and below the 3k mark. At speeds above 80 the
worn bearings shut up and the wind noise near the driver's door becomes
pronounced. The leaky exhaust shuts up, possibly I am leaving the sound
trailing behind me, perhaps the wind is forcing it to stay in the pipe.

I have wondered how the planned 2.0L will do and what I might change the
final drive and 5th gear to.

TBerk
In need of a 160 mph speedo in the '81.
100mph is obtainable as cruising speed in wide open places.
Need to upgrade the suspension, tires, and esp. the brakes.