Re: tranny thang

On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 23:06:06 -0800 Kevin <aventari@cts.com> writes:
>Well, it seems that there is not a consensus here on the flange thing.
let
>me say what exactly I want to do, and we'll see if it can work :)

Looks like you werent paying attention, again. I just did this flang
swap.

>I want to take the 90mm flanges off my '81 FF tranny and put them on my
85
>9A tranny. I need to be able to install the Velocity Stage 2 limited
slip
>kit too. I think the LSD requires the green flange (and associated
springs
>and hardware) to be installed but i'm not positive.

Yes, just swap the flanges to the tranny and reuse the 9A flange parts,
including the washers.

>The green flange and springs make my 9A a weak limited slip right(i've
>heard it called a 'mini-slip')? how does that work?

Spring tension, basically.

>How does the velocity LSD work? does it just upgrade the stock LSD?
>Thanks in advance for your support! :)

It increases the stping tension from 20% (Stock) to stage 1 (40%) to
stage 2 (80%).

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and