Re: tranny thang

Well, it seems that there is not a consensus here on the flange thing. let
me say what exactly I want to do, and we'll see if it can work :)

I want to take the 90mm flanges off my '81 FF tranny and put them on my 85
9A tranny. I need to be able to install the Velocity Stage 2 limited slip
kit too. I think the LSD requires the green flange (and associated springs
and hardware) to be installed but i'm not positive.
The green flange and springs make my 9A a weak limited slip right(i've
heard it called a 'mini-slip')? how does that work?
How does the velocity LSD work? does it just upgrade the stock LSD?
Thanks in advance for your support! :)

At 01:20 PM 1/4/99 EST, you wrote:

>On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 08:47:39 -0500 "faust" <faust@gateway.net> writes:
>
>>According to dealer microfiche some base model 85s and 86s came with
>>90mm inner cvs.   Only Gti's and GLi's came with 100mm inner cvs.
>

>Oh, I was under the impression you had a GLi.
>

>>I thought that the 90mm flanges have a different diameter at the sealing
>>surface?  They did on my FF at least.  That was out of an 80 Jetta so
>>vw might have changed that when they went to 100mm inner cvs.
>

>Nope, same same. I just used 4 of the same kits for both type flanges.
>

>              Shawn Meze
>86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
>The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
>best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!
>http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/index.htm

Kevin Fry roccin '81 S 1.8
"You are what you drive- Chevrolet Chevette: I like people's reactions when
I tell them I have a 'vette."