moving engine

Thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier post about the passenger
side motor mount bolts...with your help I got it off okay and payed the
local vw shop to press the new inserts in. Now I'm putting the thing
back together.

..side engine mounts on my 88 16v. It appears that when the mounts
*really* broke the engine twisted, moving about two or three inches
forward on the drivers side thus moving rearward on the passenger side.
I tried shoving the engine back with body weight and elbow grease, but
that didn't work. I also tried using a jack between the back of the
front bumper and the tranny but it started to bend the metal on the back
of the bumper. Any suggestions of what to do or what you guys have
tried?

I was going to work on the car after work today, but it is just way to
cold to work in the wind today without a hat so I'm posting this and
forgetting about the car today.
Any sugestions or theories would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Joshua j
88 16v