From: "Ian" <e@sbbs.se>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Subject: special tools
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:09:13 -0500

I know I asked previously if I needed a special 'puller' to detach my tie
rod from the steering arm and get to my tie rod boot and the response was
no. However can someone explain to me why they recommend using one in the
Bentley and the Haynes manuals.  Isn't it just a bolt holding the rod to
the
arm? Is there some sideways pull on the bolt?

thanx
ian
ICQ# 1941132