Re: special tools

Don't chastise me for this please, but it works.  You use a hammer
and you hit, not on the ball joint, but on the steering arm.  After a
few good blows, they'll usually come out easily.

> To:            scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Date:          Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:22:38 -0500
> Subject:       special tools
> From:          scirocco.gtx@juno.com (Mark A Peele)

> In my opinion, you must have a tie-rod separator (ball-joint separator).
>
> The nut presses the ball joint tightly against the steering arm.For me,
> they're always a b*tch to get off.  I nearly always end up using a fork
> type ball joint separator.
>
> good luck!
>
> Mark . . .   (THINK VW)
> Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
> Scirocco 1981 S (working on this)

                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
             "The futures in the air,
             I can feel it everywhere,
          blowing with the Wind of Change."
                   - Scorpions