RE: 16v, non-AC setup

>now, i know what parts are needed to go from ac to non-ac on a 8v, and
>where to get them....my dilema on the 16v is how to deal with the power
>steering....
>
>has anyone done this conversion on their 16v?....how did you work the
>power steering into the belt setup?...(just run a belt from the crank to
>the power steering pump and run the waterpump, and alternator from another
>belt on the crank?...is it possible to still use the 16v alternator or do
>you have to swap in an A1 or A2 non-ac alternator?

i had to do this when my A/C compressor seized.  it's been like this so
long that i don't remember how it was originally:  i have a belt running
from the crank to the water pump to the power steering pump.  then i
have a long belt from the water pump to the alt in it's stock location.
although the alt and water pump pulley don't line up exactly, the belt
is long enough to where it doesn't matter.  i just got some string and
ran it around the alt and water pump to measure it.  then i went to
discount auto and started measuring belts in the middle isle floor until
i found the right one.  luckily i found one before someone asked me what
the hell i was doing with 5 V-belts out of the casing sprawled across
the floor....  but the one i found was nearly perfect and it's been on
there over a year with no probs.

chris