Re: 16v, non-AC setup

> i'm trying to remove the AC setup on my 87 16v (it doesnt work very well,
> i never use it, and one f the bolts that holds the compressor to the mount
> is broken, causing the belts to not align up straight)...

I've been thinking about removing the AC from my 87 8V as well.  I read
somewhere on the net that someone had just moved the alternator over with some
washers and a couple of new bolts.  At least I think I read it somewhere,
though I have been having freaky dreams lately....

Anyways I just thought it may work.  The only drawbacks would be getting it
aligned with the other pulleys (trial and error), and the increased torque on
the mounting bracket.

Anyone else have some thoughts along these lines to share?  Surely someone else
out there in Scirocco land has had the same insane ideas, or is responsibe for
giving them to me.  Now where did I put my tinfoil hat, keeps the rays out you
know.....

Sean
87 8V