Idle problems

   I'm having some idle problems on my Scirocco 16v 2.0 motronic. I
replaced some worn out o rings, check very thoroughly for vacuum leaks,
changed cap, rotor, and plugs. I'll be changing the plug wires (found
bosch wires for $106!!). All these things needed to be done, I never
throw parts at problems and I've worked on a fair amount of computer
controlled cars. I had a problem with the throttle linkage not
contacting the idle switch. I fixed that. I now have a problem with it
jumping rapidly between 900-1300 rpm part of the time, otherwise it
idles at 950 sometimes, and about 1150 other times. I've heard of the
idle speed valve causing this, it only does this sometimes. When it's
running fine and I unplug this valve it does the exact same thing. So, I
checked the valve with an ohmmeter, made sure it had power, inspected it
for any signs of damage, and applied power to it, it clicks open and
seems to work fine. I haven't found anything wrong and I'm wondering if
I have an intermittent short or if I'm just missing something. It's hard
to find good info on motronic. I have the bentley bosch injection manual
and a good meter any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. If I mentioned some parts that seem to be unrelated I found
sometimes things that seem unrelated can confuse the hell out engine
control computers.

Jason.
87 Scirocco 16 2.0 Motronic.