Hatch Lid Molding

O.K., a month or so ago I mentioned an undue amount of moisture I
would find on the floor accompanied by [shriek!] MOLD! which I
attributed to the damnable wet that is everywhere in the Pacific
Northwest.  The car is so air tight that it is difficult for
moisture to ever escape, and after careful inspections I could
find no leaking. I dried things out, via paper towel and extended
heater usage, and was about to get some dri-z-air crystals.
Looked like problem solved.  .  .

Well, over the holidays, it became maddeningly apparent that I was
wrong.  I had half the Willamette River on the floor in the back.
What a mess!  I've removed the rear seat, mopped up and spent all
day Friday tracking the leak.  It looks like it must have come in
through the hatch door's molding around the glass.  There's just a
few places of "rust bubbling" that weren't noticeable until closer
inspection.  I need to replace the rubber seal.  The Bentley is a
little vague, but it doesn't look like I'll actually have to
remove the glass for this procedure.  Has anyone else done this
that could give me some pointers?  One thing's for sure, I'll need
to get out my emery cloth and eradicate the rust, repaint the
door, etc., but I don't have a garage yet, so for now (while we're
having a few days of sun) I've  caulked any places that look like
leakers with some indoor/outdoor clear silicone --this'll also
affirm whether this is the only leak, too.

TIA,
Jennifer