Re: 2.0's and motronics

At 03:20 PM 1/3/99 -0500, XXSpArCoXx@aol.com wrote:
>Why move to Motronic . . ?
>Is there truly and advantage in it . .
>Sure you can chip a Motronic ECU . .

That can be a plus

>But a CIS-E units doesn't really need to be rechipped or remapped . .

Well I don't know about that, matter of person taste I suppose.  Can't
really chip them anyway.

>But can be remapped for like 250 . .

I wasn't aware of this, tell me more.  I must have missed that thread.

>Are there big gains to be made from Motronic that can't be made from a worked
>motor on CIS-E . .

Well AMS(i believe it's them) makes a turbo kit for the Motronic 16v.  That
would be a nice route to go later.  Cleaner install since it would be a
home made deal.
>~Danny~
>88 16V Tornado Red

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)