Re: Rust Bubble!!!

In a message dated 1/3/99 2:09:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, nisaac@home.com
writes:

<< While waxing my 87 16v yesterday I noticed some rust bubbling around the
 passenger door handle. I believe this is a common scirocco rust area.
 Any ideas on how to remedy this? >>
if its in front of the handle then you are on a long downhill battle.
Basically, the inside of the door begins to rust where a "support" piece mates
up to the outer door skin.  I have this problem BAD on my Driver's side door
which has been there getting worse since 1991 and its just starting on the
inside of my pass door as I noticed about amonth ago when I was installing
5.25inch speakers in the doors.  I've tried it ALLL... I've sprayed rust
inhibitors up there, I've ground as much out as I could and repainted filling
it with Bondo.  The only fix I know of is to cut the whole thing out and
replace the affected area.  Or, you can of course just get a new door.
Anywho, I hate it... its the remnants of driving my car IN the RUSTBELT for so
many years.  Otherwise my car would be perfect... heheh IMHO!
Dan May
8716VScirocco 95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87