Re: Mk1 bumper shock drilling

I drilled the bumper shocks on my 86, but now I'm all
paranoid whenever I park or driving. I feel now that
there's nothing protecting the front of my car, and if
someone taps your or you tap them, might dent in your
fenders or crack your headlights. Don't get me wrong,
it looks cool, but I'm a paranoid fruit!

> I've been cruising the list archives but haven't found a good post on
> this topic yet.
>
> I wanna make my ride even more of a _deathtrap_ by pushing in both
front
> & rear bumpers... I know it involves drilling small holes in each
shock
> and driving the fenders up against a wall, but what are the
specifics?

> How far will the bumper go in and will i have to do some shaving on
the
> ends? Can the rear bumper do the same, and will i have to remove the
top
> plastic cover strip?
>
> Now that I've pushed in the bumpers, removed the headrests, and
tinted
> out all the signals, should I upgrade to 4-point harnesses or airbags?

==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v (Stored for winter :p)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/
"There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out
the short comming of others is there?" - Randall