Re: This ever happen to you?

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:29:02 PST "Jorel Jackson" <kondor77@hotmail.com>
writes:

>Your experience sounded familiar, until you added more details. Mine
>didn't do that at all. I could still grab fifth. It would stay there for

>a few minutes then pop out. I was in the middle of North Dakota when it
>happened, five hundred miles from home. Drove back in fourth most of the

>way. It turned out I had lost all lubrication in there. The result was a

>dead transmission. Sounds like you don't even have a fifth gear anymore.

>Just be careful driving it tomorrow. Don't get yourself stranded.
>
>JSJackson '85 Scirocco

LOL!!!

I drove it over 160 miles yesterday chasing parts for a bulldozer. temps
ran much hotter than normal most of the time, good thing I have an oil
cooler.
Still no 5th gear and you would think I should have known this by now yet
I cant tell you how many times I shifted instinctively into 5th. Makes me
feel like its a PTO gear or something.....
I did get my 9A welded up yesterday as well as fixed my flange compressor
tool. I even made myself a trans drain/filler plug removal tool by
welding an old wheel bolt to a length of steel rod. Works damn good too!
:)
Well, id love to stay and chat all day long but ive got to go drop and
install yet another tranny into the tranny carnivorous Roc.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and