Ah yes, started strippin.

Well started today on stripping out my 85 8v.

I bought this car with a damaged sunroof
(its in Oregon so you can only guess about the water
in the floorboards! It's amazing but the pan of a Scirocco
will hold a LOT OF WATER!)

yes, got the seats, carpet, and pads out without much hassle.
nothingl like a good 5hp shop vac to assist me in my endeavors.

The carpet is totaled, but know where to get new stuff
thanks to the list's responses.

Here I am asking the impossible, the seats are good of course
except for the drivers side.
anyone know where I can get a good shape set of seats?
OR
anyone know of where I can get a good front seat? drivers,
or passenger, I just need to scavenge the cloth.
I have the 85 8v Karmann with dk/grey exterior car. and the
seats are black with grey velour where you sit. Kind of a speckly
looking material.  Can provide a picture if you have something
I can maybe scavenge so that we know its the right material.

Looks to be a very sound project though.  Hardly any rust, and its
all surface and easily sanded away.

Maybe I'll pad with some of that Dynamat that I've read so much about
before I put my new carpet in.

The dash is gonna have to be removed, its warped and cracked
in one spot.

Anyone know of any law that would prohibit me from swapping
dataplates from dashboards when I swap them out?
Anyone know where I can get an inexpensive dashboard that is in
perfect/nearly perfect shape.

boy , I gotta stop typing now, this is a run-on message if anything like
that actually exists!

thanks for all the help!

Mark Madison
85 8v Rocco