Re: 85 Fuel Pump Q's

Er No.

    I just had to replace the fuel pump in my 85 Golf, and of course I also
had to replace the pump in the 16v.  They are 2 different designs, with the
Golf fuel pump(A2 chassis) being open-ended and sitting in a fuel reservoir,
and the Scirocco(A1 chassis) pump being a pass-thru design.  Without some
sort of modification, I'd say no...of course somebody will probably say that
they'd done it after a winter's full of work in the garage in temps of 10
below, in the snow, with a blizzard howling in the background.  Us mere
mortals have to settle for less innovative solutions.

Good Luck,
Lloyd