85 Fuel Pump Q's

I got a friend wanting to borrow my fuel pump...neither she nor I know
if my 85 Scirocco 8v main pump will fit in her 85 Golf.  She says it has
the x-fer pump, so I am wondering if she can borrow mine till she gets a
new one?  I will check part numbers, but not til tomorrow, so if I could
save the hassel of taking them both out I would really appreciate
it..TIA

--
Jody Bailey
85 Scirocco 8v (gonna be fixed ready for the cruise in May!!)