need tail light,Car failed inspection, have 14 days!!!

>>Ok, this is whats up.....
>>I took my car into for a VA safety inspection today. Everything passed,
>>except that my drivers side reverse light lense has a hole in it.... I
>>have a failed inspection sticker and have 13 days and counting to fix
>>it. I called around ( i live in the Wash. D.C. metro area) and no places
>>have it. The dealer is the only place that has a tail light lense and
>>they want $222 for it(1 lense) . Does any one have a pair of tail light
>>lenses i can get??? I now have  1 tinted taillight lense(the kind with
>>the black stripes on it) and one regular lense that has the hole in it.
>>I got the car from the previous owner like this, so now that i am forced
>>into replacing the lense, i might as well have the match. So if you have
>>a pair of matching tail lights or  have a tinted lense you can spare, or
>>know of a place where i can taillight lenses notify me. My time is
>>running out!!!
>>
>>Tom Stormer
>>85 Scirocco Wolfsburg 8v

Tom,

I don't have any tinted. But I could lend you a driver's side rear if need be. I'm in the DC area so email me directly if you want to do this.

BTW, the euro rear lenses will fit, but require some mods.

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT