Re: Fuel Pressure Accumulator?

In a message dated 2/24/99 8:50:47 AM, soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu writes:

<<That Accumulator is held to the block by 2 blots...pull it off the block
and tie it up somewhere out of the way..(your stress bar maybe?)...run the
car, see if the problem is gone!

AS for actual sceintific testing, I'd need my bently! :-)]

Eric>>

Eric! . . . . .your talking about the control pressure regulator (big dork =-)
). The acumulator is near the fuel pump and is cylindrical (sp?). I have the
Bosch tuning book in my lap and it says that in the K-Jetronic w/lamda system
has a check valve on the fuel pump itself (keeps pressure after shut down). As
far as the acumulator goes, the book says failure is unlikely and is indicated
by leaking. As first order I would make sure your 5th injector is working
right.
HTH

Nate