SV: Fuel Pressure Accumulator?

Wrong! The fuel pressure accumulator is behind the tank under
the car, and is suppuosed to maintain fuel pressure for half an
hour or hour when you turn off pump.

Mounted to the block is the control pressure thing, changing the
control pressure to give richer fuel/air ratio during coldstart
and if you have the control pressure thing with a vaccum port on
lean it out during crusing for good fuel economy

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

----------
> Från: Night Shadow <soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu>
> Till: Michael Helms <tudor@tvo.org>
> Kopia: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Ämne: Re: Fuel Pressure Accumulator?
> Datum:  den 24 februari 1999 17:45
>

> That Accumulator is held to the block by 2 blots...pull it off
the block
> and tie it up somewhere out of the way..(your stress bar
maybe?)...run the
> car, see if the problem is gone!
>
> AS for actual sceintific testing, I'd need my bently! :-)]
>
> Eric
>

> On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Michael Helms wrote:
>
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > How do I test the Fuel Pressure Accumulator?  Is there any
easy way
> > to do this?
> >
> > My car stil has the warm starting problem (starts fine when
it's bone
> > cold, but get it warmed up and leave it for ten minutes, and
it's a
> > bitch to get going again), and I think it might be this.
But I want
> > to find out for sure before I drop a bunch of money on a new
> > accumulator.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -- Michael Helms
> >
> > '81 Scirocco - the fixer-upper
> > '86 Scirocco - the daily driver
> >
> > Web Site:  http://www.continuum.org/helms
> >
> > "If you don't believe your country should come before
yourself, you
> > can better serve your country by living somewhere else."  -
Dr.

majordomo@scirocco.org.
scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org