Re: Prelubrication

<kondor77@hotmail.com>,
>        scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>From: 16V JASON <jason@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: Prelubrication
>
>At 11:29 PM 2/22/99 , Edward J Lin wrote:
>>At 08:07 PM 2/22/99 -0800, Jorel Jackson wrote:
>>>...Anybody out there have a
>>>prelubrication system, and have any words of advice as concerns
>>
>>ky - jelly works well, make sure you pre-lub both sides before your
test
>drive!
>>
>>oh, most importantly, we've concluded that our rides adorn us with an
>>uncanny smile that we just can't shake.  i hope your pre-lub will do
the
>same.
>>

>Um.... Ed?.... with...um... all due respect?... Get your mind outta the
>gutter, will ya?
>
>...uncanny smile? .... I'll fucking bet. :)
>

>----------
>jason@scirocco.org
>1987 Scirocco 16v
>57,000 original miles.
>http://members.aol.com/rocco16v

You know just after posting that thing on prelubrication I thought "oh
no, I know what I'm going to get back." It was already off when I had
that thought...sure enough woulddn't you know. Anyway, I have no anger
at this ky-jelly thing, it was a good joke, and I walked right into it.

See I read some years back about Accusump III and Preluber. Preluber,
I'm not sure about Accusump, keeps the system under a constant 50 psi of
pressure. Seems to me this would minimalize the 80% of engine wear which
occurs during startup. This was years ago during my first Scirocco manic
phase. I got out of touch with it for awhile, and just drove 'em. Now
the second phase is upon me, thanks to some of you, and it could well be
these things I knew about then were dated.

JSJackson 85 Scirocco