shop recommendation - SoCal

I got the noise fixed in the front end of my 'rocco today - turned out to
be a bad wheel bearing and hub on the left front.  CV joints are fine.

For those of you in SoCal - I have been a loyal VW Specialties customer for
some time.  But ole Ron is SO busy and buried nowadays that it's next to
impossible to get your car in there, much less get Ron on the phone to try
to get an appointment.  So with some reservation, I took my car to a VW/
Porsche/Audi shop right up the street from Ron in HB, called Maxed
Performance.
These guys were great.  Family owned operation - everybody that works there
is family.  VERY nice people.  Very reasonable prices.  Know Ron and are
friendly with him, in fact they say he SENDS them business when he's real
busy.  With Ron so difficult to reach, I think these guys are more than an
adequate alternative.  Called Friday afternoon, made an appt. for today,
and car was done by mid-day.  The guy who worked on my car (Ed) obviously
knew his 'roccos by the way he talked about the car.

So - I highly recommend these guys as an alternative to Ron.  I have to have
to do that but hey, when you need something done it's tough to try to wait
to fit Ron's schedule..

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA