Re: Fwd: [16v] 0.75 5th Gear - DONE (very long)

At 05:18 PM 2/18/99 , Mark Peele wrote:
>***My policy has always been to never let the RPMs get below 2K (except
>for 1st, of course). Keep the engine in the power band I say.

	Bingo!  I just have to get used to holding out until about 3200 in 4th to
avoid doing it by mistake.

>**your verdict, which is fine. I look at fifth as overdrive. 1-4 for
>acceleration and in town. That's me. It'll be .71 for me.

	0.71 would be okay if this wasn't such a hilly area.  In a flat place, a
0.71 would probably suit me fine as well.. but this area is *anything* but
flat...

>Thanks a bunch for posting this Jason. Can you give the name of the guy
>that did the job (and the price?)?

	No Problem.  The guy's name is Rock Ventrice; owner of "Ventrice Auto
Service" in Pittsburgh, PA.  The price was included in a whole package of
stuff I did, so I don't have an exact figure...
	The shop's phone number is 412/823-7355.

>Did you get the rivets replaced on the tranny?

	Nope, he didn't have to take the tranny out-- just dropped the driver's
side and accessed the 5th gear through the side piece.

	Jason.
	87 16v with the happy 5th. :)