Re: [tech] torque on headgasket?

All the VW's with the 12pt head bolts are stretch type. If you've got the 6
pt allen type headbolts (does anybody has these anymore?! :) then you must
retorque these.

BTW Thanks for all yer suggestions, I fixed my misfiring problem and the
car runs 100% better! First I replaced the vacuum system and the idle screw
o-ring and this helped a little, then i checked the coil, and had carbon
tracking.. I put on my MSD coil and bye-bye misfire!

I just checked my upper strut towers for cracking and I found it where the
top outer edge of the tower meets the body... Anyone know somebody in San
Diego that can weld my towers and know what he's doing??????

>This wouldnt apply to Scirocco's or VW's for the matter. Vw's use a
>stretch type head bolt. Once you torque it (as per the Bentley) your
>done. There is no retorquing.
>

>              Shawn Meze
>86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
>The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
>best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!
>http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/index.htm

Kevin Fry -- computer nerd!
'81 S Roc 1.8