Re: [tech] torque on headgasket?

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:10:58 -0800 Brad Sterling
<bgsterling@earthlink.net> writes:
>I don't know if this applies to Sciroccos.  But when I replaced the head

>gasket on my old Alfa, I had to torque the bolts a second time after
about
>500 miles.  I torqued them (in order), drove 500 miles, let the engine
>cool, backed off the head bolts in order, and torqued them again.
>Never had any problems.

This wouldnt apply to Scirocco's or VW's for the matter. Vw's use a
stretch type head bolt. Once you torque it (as per the Bentley) your
done. There is no retorquing.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and