Re: [Engine - Motor Mounts] was: Scirocco recall

So I should jack up on the oil pan? Will this damage the gaskets? You'de
think the weight of the engine would somehow break the seal.

Also, I was talking to the VW dealer, and he said that I might want to
spring for mounts made of urithane instead of the stock ones.  What are
your feelings on this?  Since urithane mounts are much harder, they are
suposed to prevent more rocking, last longer, but unfortunately pass on a
little more vibration to the chassis.

Also, I hear that it's strongly suggested that the timing belt be replaced
when replacing the pass-side motor mounts since there is so much
overlapping labor. I have some (not very good) info on this in my Haynes
manual, but is this a task that a novice could take on as well?

Also, anyone know about the 'Mitchel on Demand' CD?  Apparently it has all
the tech info, parts, part numbers, install/remove info, etc in electronic
format.  Supposed to be the best there is.

Finally...  anyone have the number to VW America?  I want to call about the
recall confusion.  I dont think anyone out here knows what they are talking
about.

Ok, I'm done..  thanks for the info.

-Aaron
 84 8V