Re: gas tank

> Mark Peele wrote:
> >
> > In this case the tank is a 1981 Scirocco.
> >
> > I suspect that there is residue or something worse in the tank.
> <snip>
> > The fuel pump was complaining like it was trying to
> > pump goo or something.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
> >
> > Mark Peele

    If the car was sitting for awhile, I'd say you got a rusty tank.  I
went through the same problem, and a couple of fuel pumps as
well.  It's difficult to clean if it gets real bad, because of the baffles
in the tank.  Better off to just replace the tank with a new or used
one.  Try shining a flashlight in the sending unit hole and see what
it look like.
                     - Noah

noah@newdimensions.com
http://www.newdimensions.com