Re: Scirocco jacking points

>All,
>
>Where do you consider to be the best place to locate a trolley jack and
=
>axle stands when lifting your Scirocco?  I understand that the
emergency =
>jack locates on the seam beneath the sill, but I don't know that I
would =
>want to use a "proper" jack there, so where would I put it and where =
>would I then place my axle stands if I wanted all four wheels off the =
>ground?  My car is a GTII so it has the full body kit etc.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jonathan Miles
>' 90 Scirocco GTII
>' 77 Triumph Spitfire

In my opinion, the best place to jack the Scirocco is by the small round
jack pads (front) and the trailing beam (rear).  My theory is that using
the jack points on the sills tends to promote rust, especially on the Mk
I, but it's showing up in Mk IIs too.  My theory on this is that
eventually the paint / rust proofing material in this area is worn
through exposing bare metal, which in turn gets exposed to moisture and
rust starts.

Everybody go check their 'roccos for rust here - especially if you live
in the snow belt like me!!!  :-)

hth

Daun