Re: Scirocco jacking points

Daun,

Thanks for the info.  I agree with you on the rust thing, it's the same over
here at this time of year, roads saturated with salt.
I'm not to sure about using the trailing beam as a jack point, I'm sorely
tempted but my Haynes manual advises against it.  Other listers and my
manual (Haynes & VW) suggest using the sills but this results in the
problems you have mentioned plus the fact that its way too easy to damage
the body kit on the sills.
Any other views on this anyone?

Cheers,

Jonathan