Re: Scirocco jacking points

> Jonathan Miles wrote:
>
> All,
>
> Where do you consider to be the best place to locate a trolley jack
> and axle stands when lifting your Scirocco?  I understand that the
> emergency jack locates on the seam beneath the sill, but I don't know
> that I would want to use a "proper" jack there, so where would I put
> it and where would I then place my axle stands if I wanted all four
> wheels off the ground?  My car is a GTII so it has the full body kit
> etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan Miles

How about putting some padding on the cup style jack points? Not too
much but something like the soundproofing under the carpet. The thing
I've done in the past is consume a small square of thin plywood. Not
thick stuff like under flooring but 1/8" or less. It collapses and
conforms to the jack and car body but doesn't scratch the metal.

TBerk

My brother laughs at me when I get particular, and I almost hit him when
he threw his 50 lb. tool bag up on the roof and proceeded to drag it
across the paint on the way into the the car. Grrrr. All he could do is
laugh.