Re:[was euro bumpers][drivers rant]Now just about anything

At 10:35 AM 2/11/99 -0800, Paul Maione wrote:
>Hey!
>
> > Look pal, ive driven in europe for 3, count then 3 years. (1,2,3.
>Yah,
>> 3!)
>> Ive driven in the US for 15 years. id trade EVERY one of those 15
>years
>> in for those 3 wonderful years I had driving on the German Autobahn.
>> There's a thing there that people do which the americans completely
>are
>> clueless. Its called (Brace yourselves you filthy americans!) using
>> consideration!
>> I know that word hurts like hell, but its the damned truth. American
>> drivers don't give a flying 16VJason about other drivers. They get
>in the
>> fast lane, park there, cripes!
>
>Well Shawn, everytime I've been in the states, those
>little lamo towns, I found the drivers there sooo nice.
>Both sides of traffic came to a dead stop instantly
>and let me cross. Maybe in some of the larger city's in
>the US people are like that.

I think it's more of a big city and high concentration of stupidity areas.
I live in centralish, almost northern, Maine(pop 1.2 million) and generally
drivers are pretty decent and courteous.  But we are getting a lot of out
of staters moving in from MA and NY and such.  They love to hog the fast
lane and are just shitty drivers.  They'll ge thiers though when some good
ol boy gets pissed and runs them off the road, hahaha.
I have driven across country many times and you can still go to places like
MT where everyone waves at you going down the road, pretty cool.
Scirocco content- got a bunch of parts from Potterman yesterday- Great,
some where much cheaper than I expected and today I got my guage faces from
Brett.  :)

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)