Re: more info on wheels, please?

At 7:40 pm -0600 10/2/99, Derek Tarvin wrote:
>I guess my question at this point is this... is there a consensus on the
>quality of wheels made by different manufacturers?   Do some wheels have a
>better track record than others?  I realize that in most cases you "get

I personally know people that have bent TSW Stealths, Evos, Hock Rs, and
VX1s, in both 16 and 17" sizes.  Among the name brands, TSW has to have the
worst reputation, followed by BBS.  BBS wheels look great and are very
light, but some models seem to be worse than others.  2 of the OE wheels
they made for VW (the one-piece 15" 'Trophy', found on GTX/GLI Jettas, and
the 3-pce wheel found on 90-92 16v cars) are particularly bad.  I also know
a guy who repeatedly bent his 16" RX rims.

Wheels with good reputations include OZ, Abt, ATS, and Ronal; however, I'm
sure you could find someone who has bent them if you look hard enough.

HTH!