RE: 16v Cams

> You mentioned  you have an 86 Rocco, did you ever get a 2.0
> upgrade?  I personally would not recommend going near 268's on a 1.8l.

nope, still got the 1.8.  it's got about 170k, was think about getting a
2.0 short block soon...

> Yes, it will scream like a raped ape at high rpms, the loss down low
> will make it not worth it.  I too talked to Garrett last spring and he
> recommended that the 268's be used for race only cars, forget using
> them
> on the street.

well, that's why i asked.  the original post talked about someone using
260's and 268's on his RACE 2.0l 16V scirocco.  he went faster with the
260's.

>   And if you got a P&P job with the 268's (especially on a
> 1.8) you would make the problem worse, you would lose even more low
> end
> power.

what about instead of porting and polishing, i just polished, with no
porting.  smooth out the intake tracks but not make them any bigger...
should loose too much low end that way?

chris
86 16V scirocco