Burbling exhaust...

I just got back from doing some tuning on my car... dialing in the timing,
and played with the mixture... It was all outa whack.  It made a big
difference.  It accelerates smoother now, and idles so quiet and smooth
that I think it's stalled, but my exhaust still seems to kinda burble when
I let off the gas.  It's almost like a quiet popping sound.  Instinct tells
me that I'm still running too rich if it's burbling, but I'm pretty sure I
adjusted the mixture right.  I turned it clockwise until it start
stumbling, and then gave it about a quarter of a turn counter clockwise.
Is this right?  My injectors have been recently replaced, so I know it's
not them... anyone have any ideas?

	-David LeDeaux
'80 Scirocco
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9444/