Re: Corrado Brakes -- Physics Question: Are they pointless?

> Bingo.  That's my point.  If you can do it with 9.4s, and the rest of us
>can do it with 10.1s, then why would someone need 11"s?

I have to jump in here.  There is a point where a stock system will not be
enough.  After doing 10 laps of hard driving on the race track, the brakes
start to fade.  I've got good pads, excellent fluid, stock rotors (Yup,
drilled or slotted would help, but not enough i dont' think).  Anyway, we
have a very long front straight, and breaking from 170kph lap after lap,
brakes get hot.  They do not totally go away, but they do fade after a
while.  When i get more power this year, it gonna get worse.  i'll probably
be coming down from 180+, and this isn't the only hard braking part of the
course...  Anyway, brakes are like horsepower, you can never have
enough....amen.

As for the cost, it depends on what kind of deal you get.  I had an
oppertunity last year to get a full set for less than i've seen 10.1's go
for...but i missed it :(   So you could get lucky, and do the upgrade for
very cheap, or buy everything new, and break the bank doing it...

As for the weight issue, as i've said before, if you're ass is that
sensative that you can feel a performance difference with an extra 2-3
pounds of rotating mass, then man, you have a nice ass.  But i doubt very
much you would, even in zero to sixty times, the difference would be so
minimal, it shouldn't even be factored in.  Anyway, if i get the brakes, i
think i'll  add about 40 hp, so that should more than compensate...

    end transmission,

Owen
87 Scirocco 16v #38 C-SS.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571